Sir John Conyers of Hornby 911
- Born: 1414 or 1416, Hornby Castle, Yorkshire, England 911,912
- Marriage (1): Margaret Darcy (d'Arcy)
- Died: 14 May 1490, Conyers, Warwickshire, England at age 76 911,912
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Yorkshire, England. 911,912 John was a Knight of the Garter and was Sheriff of Yorkshire.
• Alias Robin of Redesdale?. 911,913 The Dictionary of National Biography speculates that John or his brother Sir William may have been the rebel captain that adopted the fictitious name Robin of Redesdale during a rising in 1469. This name would have been used as a watchword, similar to Robin Hood. John and his son John took active parts in the rebellion.
This John lived until 1490 and was "much favored by Henry VII".
John married Margaret Darcy (d'Arcy), daughter of Philip Darcy 6º Baron Darcy (d'Arcy) of Knaith and Eleanor FitzHugh. (Margaret Darcy (d'Arcy) was born on 1 Sep 1418 in Ravensworth, Yorkshire, England 912,914 and died on 20 Apr 1469 in Conyers, Warwickshire, England 912,914.)