King Henry II of England
- Born: 5 Mar 1133, Le Mans, France 957,958
- Marriage (1): Eleanor of Aquitaine on 18 May 1152 in Saint-Pierre cathedral, Poitiers, France
- Partnership (2): Ida de Tosny (Toesny)
- Died: 6 Jul 1189 at age 56 957
- Buried: Fontevraud 867
Noted events in his life were:
• Curtmantle. Henry was called Curtmantle.
• Coronation, 19 Dec 1154, London, England. 959 Henry was crowned at Westminster Abbey with a heavily pregnant Eleanor sitting beside him
• King. 960 When Henry I died, there was a confused and problematic succession. Henry's nephew Stephen was acclaimed King but this was challenged by Henry II's mother Matilda. Matilda commanded enought support and enjoyed sufficient resources to throw Stephen's kingdom into turmoil. Henry II took up the struggle and for much of Stephen's reign, but especially between 1139 and 1145, there was anarchy in England. Henry became King on 25 October when King Stephen died.
Henry married Eleanor of Aquitaine, daughter of Duke William X of Aquitaine and Aenor, on 18 May 1152 in Saint-Pierre cathedral, Poitiers, France. (Eleanor of Aquitaine was born in 1122 in Nieul-sur-Authize 961 and died in 1204 in Fontevraud 961.)
Henry had a relationship with Ida de Tosny (Toesny), daughter of Raoul de Tosny (Toesny) of Flamstead and Margaret de Beaumont.