William de Ferrers III Fifth Earl of Derby 300,748,1180,1182
- Born: 1193, Derbyshire, England 1180
- Marriage (1): Margaret Quency (Quincy) in 1238 1180
- Marriage (2): Sibyl Marshal Lady of Kildare, Countess of Derby
- Died: 28 Mar 1254, Evington, Leicestershire, England at age 61 1180,1182
- Buried: Marevale Abbey, Warwickshire, England 1180
Noted events in his life were:
• Parliament, 1248. 300,748,1180 William served in Parliament.
• Children. 300,748,1180 William had nine daughters and two sons during his two marriages.
• Land. 300,748,1180 William's land was inherited from his mother.
• Death, 1254, St. Neots bridge, Huntingdon county. 300,748,1180 William suffered from gout and was obliged to be drawn from place to place in a chariot. He lost his life when he was thrown over the bridge of St. Neots through the heedlessness of his driver.
William married Margaret Quency (Quincy), daughter of Roger de Quency (Quincy) Second Earl Winchester, Constable of Scotland and Helen Ela Galloway Countess of Worcester, in 1238.1180 (Margaret Quency (Quincy) was born in 1218 in Wincester, Hampshire, England 1147 and died on 12 Mar 1284 in Clerkenwell, London, England 1147.)
William next married Sibyl Marshal Lady of Kildare, Countess of Derby, daughter of Sir William Marshal 1st Earl of Pembroke and Isabel Fitzgilbert De Clare. (Sibyl Marshal Lady of Kildare, Countess of Derby was born in 1201 in Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales 1033,1034 and died on 27 Apr 1245 in Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales 1033,1034.)