Theobold II de Verdun Justiciar of Ireland 1189,1452,1474
- Born: 8 Sep 1278, Alton Castle, Alton, Cheadle, Staffordshire, England 1453,1474
- Marriage (1): Lady Elizabeth Clare Baroness Verdun, Baroness Damory on 4 Feb 1316 in Wigmore 1452,1453
- Died: 27 Jul 1316, Alton Castle, Alton, Staffordshire, England at age 37 1453,1475
- Buried: 27 Jul 1316, Croxton Abbey, Staffordshire, England 1453
Theobold married Lady Elizabeth Clare Baroness Verdun, Baroness Damory, daughter of Gilbert de Clare Earl Gloucester and Hertford and Joan Plantagenet of Acre, on 4 Feb 1316 in Wigmore 1452.,1453 (Lady Elizabeth Clare Baroness Verdun, Baroness Damory was born on 16 Sep 1295 in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, England,1475 died in 1337 in Ware, Hertfordshire, England 1475 and was buried in Convent of the Minoresses, England 1452.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Kidnapped, 1316, Bristol Castle, England. 1452 After the death of her first husband, John, in 1309, and the death of her brother, Gilbert, in 1314, Elizabeth's maternal uncle, King Edward II , recalled her to England so he could select a husband for her. She left Ireland for good in 1316. Edward II placed her in Bristol Castle , but the King's plans to marry her to one of his supporters were dashed in February 1316, when Elizabeth was abducted from Bristol by Theobald II de Verdun, the former Justiciar of Ireland. He and Elizabeth had been engaged before she was called back to England. She was Lady Verdun for only six months when Theobald died on 27 July 1316, at Alton, Staffordshire , from typhoid .