Lord Alan of Galloway Constable of Scotland 997,1483,1510
- Born: Cir 1170, Galloway, Wigtownshire, Scotland 1511
- Marriage (1): Lady Margaret of Galloway of Huntingdon in 1209 1509
- Marriage (2): Helen Lacy
- Died: 1234, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland about age 64 997,1511
- Buried: Dundrennan Abbey, Scotland 1510
Noted events in his life were:
• Marriages. 1510 Alan was married three times. His first wife appears to have been a daughter of Roger de Lacy, Constable of Chester. It was likely upon this union that Alan gained the English lordship of Kippax as maritagium from his father-in-law. Alan's second marriage, to David's daughter Margaret, is dated to 1209 by the Chronicle of Lanercost and Chronicle of Melrose. The date of Alan's third marriage, to Hugh's daughter Rose, is generally thought to date to 1229, as stated by the Chronicle of Lanercost. Another possible date for this marriage is about a decade earlier Alan's second marriage, therefore, allied him to the Scottish royal family, and his first and third marriages allied him to the two main branches of the powerful Lacy family-firstly the Pontefract branch, and afterwards the Woebley branch.
Alan married Lady Margaret of Galloway of Huntingdon, daughter of Earl David of Huntingdon and Countess Matilda of Huntingdon of Chester, in 1209.1509 (Lady Margaret of Galloway of Huntingdon was born circa 1194 1512 and died after 1 Jun 1233 1512.)
Alan next married Helen Lacy, daughter of Roger de Lacy and Maud (Matilda) de Clere.