Sir Ralph de Stafford Knight of the Garter, Earl Stafford 796,1523
- Born: 24 Sep 1301, Tunbridge, Staffordshire, England 796,1524
- Christened: 24 Sep 1301, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England 1524
- Marriage (1): Lady Margaret de Audley Second Baroness Audley, Countess of Stafford on 14 Jul 1335 796,1522
- Died: 31 Aug 1372, Tunbridge, Staffordshire, England at age 70 796,1523
- Buried: Tonburton Priory, Kent, England 1524
Noted events in his life were:
• Knight of the Garter, 1348. 1524,1525 Ralph was the fifth founding member of the Knights.
• Marriage, 1350. 1526 Ralph, who had helped Edward III take the throne, abducted Margaret before their marriage. At the time, her worth was at least £2314 a year, which was more than ten times Stafford's own estates. (However, he eventually rose to Earl of Stafford in 1350.) After the abduction, her parents filed a complaint with the king, but Edward supported Stafford. In compensation, the king appeased Hugh and Margaret by creating Hugh the 1st Earl of Gloucester .
Ralph married Lady Margaret de Audley Second Baroness Audley, Countess of Stafford, daughter of Hugh de Audley First Earl Gloucester and Margaret de Clare Countess of Cornwal and Gloucester, on 14 Jul 1335 796.,1522 (Lady Margaret de Audley Second Baroness Audley, Countess of Stafford was born in Jan 1305 in Stafford Castle, Staffordshire, England,796,1527,1528 died on 7 Sep 1347 in Tunbridge, Staffordshire, England 796,1527,1528 and was buried in Tunbridge Priory, Staffordshire, England 1528.)