Lady Margaret de Audley Second Baroness Audley, Countess of Stafford 796,1526,1527
- Born: Jan 1305, Stafford Castle, Staffordshire, England 796,1527,1528
- Marriage (1): Sir Ralph de Stafford Knight of the Garter, Earl Stafford on 14 Jul 1335 796,1522
- Died: 7 Sep 1347, Tunbridge, Staffordshire, England at age 42 796,1527,1528
- Buried: Tunbridge Priory, Staffordshire, England 1528
Noted events in her life were:
• Marriage, 1350. 1526 Margaret was abducted by Ralph, Lord Stafford , who had helped Edward III take the throne. At the time, her worth was at least £2314 a year, which was more than ten times Stafford's own estates. (However, he eventually rose to Earl of Stafford in 1350.) After the abduction, her parents filed a complaint with the king, but Edward supported Stafford. In compensation, the king appeased Hugh and Margaret by creating Hugh the 1st Earl of Gloucester .
Margaret married Sir Ralph de Stafford Knight of the Garter, Earl Stafford, son of Edmund Stafford 1° Baron Stafford and Margaret Bassett, on 14 Jul 1335 796.,1522 (Sir Ralph de Stafford Knight of the Garter, Earl Stafford was born on 24 Sep 1301 in Tunbridge, Staffordshire, England 796,1524, christened on 24 Sep 1301 in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England,1524 died on 31 Aug 1372 in Tunbridge, Staffordshire, England 796,1523 and was buried in Tonburton Priory, Kent, England 1524.)