Margaret Kiley 51
Margaret's death certificate date 24 Dec 1913 states that she was 89 year, 3 months and 22 days old when she died. That would make her birth date about 1 or 2 Sept 1824. She died of "old age". The death certificate was signed by a James Brady.
Noted events in her life were:
• Immigration, 1 May 1847, New York. 53 A Margaret Kiley (20) and Patrick Kiley (24) arrived on the ship Elsinore from Liverpool, England on this date. Margaret's 1900 census informations shows that she arrived in 1844 in her 1910 census, it showed she arrived in 1857.
• 1860 Census, 10 Jul 1860, La Grange, Walworth County, Wisconsin. 54 Patrick (45) and Margaret (35) are living in the Town of La Grange during the 1860 Census. Their children are Mary (11), Ann (9), Catherine (6), Thomas (4) and John (1). Partick is a farmer. He and Margaret were born in Ireland. Mary and Ann were born in Maine and the other three in Wisconsin. Thus, we can expect they they moved to Wisconsin between 1851 and 1854.
• 1870 Census, 1870, Lima, Rock County, Wisconsin. 38 Patrick (57), a farmer, and Margaret (50), keeping house are living here in 1870. Ann is the oldest of the children living at home. The others are Catherine 16, Thomas 13, John 10 and James 6. Ann was born in Maine but all the other children were born in Wisconsin so the Bradys were in Wisconsin in about 1854.
• 1880 Census, 19 Jun 1880, Lima, Rock County, Wisconsin. 55 Margaret is 50, Patrick is 65, Thomas is 23, John is 20, Melissa, a niece, is 10. This record shows that Margaret and Patrick were born in Ireland.
• 1900 Census, 9 Jun 1900, Whitewater, Walworth County, Wisconsin. 56 A Margaret Brady is living in Whitewater, Wisconsin on this date. She is shown as widowed, the mother of 7 with 5 living, born in Ireland and having emigrated to the US in 1844. No other Bradys are listed near Margaret's listing. Her age is shown as 78.
Margaret married Patrick Brady, son of Mathew Brady and Ann Pattin, on 21 Nov 1847 in New Brunswick, Canada.41 (Patrick Brady was born on 17 Sep 1814 in County Leitrim, Ireland,42 died on 6 Feb 1892 in Whitewater, Walworth County, Wisconsin 42,43 and was buried in Catholic Cemetery 44.)