John Fitzalan of Clun and Oswestry 1549,1556
- Born: 14 Sep 1246, Clun, Shropshire, England 1549,1557
- Marriage (1): Isabella Mortimer before 14 May 1260 1556
- Died: 18 Mar 1272, Arundel, Sussex, England at age 25 1549,1556
- Buried: Haughmond Abbey, Shropshire, England 1556
Noted events in his life were:
• Property and titles. 1556 When John's father died, a writ was issued, resulting in Inquisitions held in Sussex and Salop in the same year, which found that John, aged 22 on his last birthday, was his heir, and the properties his father held included Oswestry, Westhope, Clawne, La Hethe, and Halchameston, and he held of the king in chief the two whole baronies of Cloun and Blaunkmoster and 1/4 of the earldom of Arundel.
John married Isabella Mortimer, daughter of Roger de Mortimer 1st Baron Mortimer of Wigmore and Maud (Matilda) de Braose, before 14 May 1260.1556 (Isabella Mortimer was born on 8 Apr 1248 in Wigmore Castle, Herefordshire, England 1549,1558 and died before 10 Aug 1274 in Arundel Castle, Sussex, England 1558.)