William II Fitzalan 1549,1561
- Born: Abt 1136, Oswestry, Shropshire, England 1549
- Marriage (1): Unknown
- Died: 1210, England about age 74 1549,1561
Noted events in his life were:
• Lands. 1564 After the death of William's mother, Henry II gave his father the hand of Isabel de Say . She was the sole heiress of Helias de Say , who held the lordship of Clun and was an early benefactor of Haughmond Abbey. Clun was to pass to the FitzAlans on the death of Helias, but he outlived William's father, so it passed to this William.
• Arundel. 1564 The FitzAlans remained important Marcher lords and magnates in central England for several centuries. A strategic marriage with their Sussex neighbours, the d'Aubigny family, brought the FitzAlans the rich and important Earldom of Arundel . This they held from 1243 until 1580. It was as earls of Arundel that William FitzAlan's descendants made their most important mark on the history of England.
• Wife. 1561 William's wife was a daughter of Hugh de Lacy (#5992) but her name is not recorded.