Sir Marmaduke Constable Knight 830
- Born: Abt 1457, Burton, Yorkshire, England 1589
- Marriage (1): Joyce Stafford
- Marriage (2): Joyce Stafford
- Marriage (3): Margery FitzHugh
- Died: 29 Nov 1518, Burton, Yorkshire, England about age 61 830,1589
- Buried: Church of St. Oswald, Flamborough, Yorkshire, England 1589
Noted events in his life were:
• History, 1513, Flodden (Battle). 830 Member of Parliament, Known as the Little. Born in 1443 was in France under King Edward IV and at the taking of Berwick of which he was made captain. He shared with his four sons in the glory of Flodden, 1513, being then 71 years of age. His distinguished services were acknowledged in an autograph letter to him from Henry VIII. He died in 1518. The death of Sir Marmaduke Constable, as quoted from Memorials of the Wars of the Roses by WEHampton, for the Richard III Soc by Alan Sutton Publishing "A story relates that in his old age, seated in his garden overlooking the sea, he inadvertantly swallowed a frog in a glass of water, wherof he died. His death occurred on Nov. 20, 1518.".
Marmaduke married Joyce Stafford, daughter of Sir Humphrey Stafford and Eleanor Aylesbury.
Marmaduke next married Joyce Stafford, daughter of Sir Humphrey Stafford and Eleanor Aylesbury.
Marmaduke next married Margery FitzHugh.