Maurice Fitzrobert Fitzharding 1183
- Born: Abt 1120, Bristol, Gloucestershire, England 1183
- Marriage (1): Alice De Berkeley in 1153 in Bristol, Gloucestershire, England 865
- Died: 16 Jun 1189, Brentford, Middlesex, England about age 69 1183
- Buried: Bristol, Cathedral, Bristol, England 1772
Maurice married Alice De Berkeley, daughter of Roger De Berkeley III and Hawise De Paynell, in 1153 in Bristol, Gloucestershire, England.865 (Alice De Berkeley was born about 1133 in Dursley, Gloucestershire, England 865 and died on 16 Jun 1190 in Bristol, Gloucestershire, England 1773.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Double marriage contract. 1774 In 1153/54 Maurice married Alice, the first daughter of the dispossessed Roger de Berkeley, who was now feudal baron of nearby Dursley. At the same time Robert's first daughter Helen married Roger's heir, also called Roger. This double marriage contract, binding the son and heir of each man to marry a daughter of the other, was signed at the house of Robert FitzHarding in Bristol in the presence of Duke Henry (the future King Henry II) and 16 witnesses.