Robert Fitzharding The Devout 1183,1772
- Born: 1096, Berkeley Castle, Berkeley, Gloucestershire, England 1772
- Marriage (1): Eva Fitzestmond in 1119 1775
- Died: 5 Feb 1171, Bristol, Gloucestershire, England at age 75 1772,1774,1776
- Buried: St. Augustine Monastery, Gloucestershire, England 1772,1774
Noted events in his life were:
• Founder of Berkeley Family. 1020,1772,1774 Robert rebuilt Berkeley Castle , and founded the Berkeley family which still occupies it today. He was a wealthy Bristol merchant and a financier of Henry Plantagenet, Duke of Aquitaine, who was the rival of King Stephen (1135-54) during the period known as The Anarchy and who subsequently became King Henry II (1154-89).
Robert was one of the very few Anglo-Saxon noblemen who managed to retain their noble status in Norman England and successfully integrate with the Norman nobility, if not the only one.
Robert married Eva Fitzestmond, daughter of Estmond Fitzestmond and Godiva de Normandy, in 1119.1775 (Eva Fitzestmond was born in 1099 in of, Berkeley, Gloucestershire, England,1772 died on 12 Mar 1169 in St. Michael's Hill, Bristol, Gloucestershire (as a prioress) 1772 and was buried in St. Augustines Abbey, Bristol, Gloucestershire, England 1774.)