Belinda Helen Helms
- Born: 26 Jul 1843, Brasher, New York
- Marriage (1): Solomon Henry Noble on 22 Jan 1864 in Nashua, Chickasaw County, Iowa 26
- Died: 24 Dec 1916, Riverton Township, Floyd county, Iowa at age 73 62
- Buried: Oak Hill Cemetery, Nashua Iowa 62
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1850, Brasher, St. Lawrence County, New York. The James Helms family is living in Brasher, New York.
James is 30 and it shows that he was born in VT (Vermont?). He is a laborer.
Phebe (?) is also 30.
Newell is 8, born in NY
Belinda is 6, born in NY
Titus is 2, born in NY
Emily is less than 1, born in NY.
• Move to Iowa, 1855, Nashua, Iowa. 26 Belinda was only 12 when her family moved to Nashua in 1855. Nashua had on frame house, two log cabins and a roof over a saw mill. Her father James ran a ferry boat across the Cedar River at Nashua to Bradford. Belinda rowed people across at times. Her father helped build a dam across the river and the first bridge. Belinda remembered dealing in furs with the local Indians.
• Census, 1870. The Noble family is living in Riverton Township, Floyd County, Iowa in 1870. The family is: Solomon, 33, a farmer, Belinda, 28, Marshal H., 4, and Ada U., 2.
• Census, 1880, Floyd County, Iowa. The Solomon Noble family is living in Floyd County, Iowa in 1880. Solomon shows that he was born in Canada and both of his parents were born in Canada. Belinda shows that she was born in NY and that both of her parents were, too. Marshall is 14 and born in Iowa. Ada is 11, charles 9, Katie 7 and ???line (a female) is 4. John Usher lives with them and is listed as a servant.
Listed on the same page in the census is John Noble, 46 and his family. John was also born in Canada and so were his parents, so it's likely that he was Solomon's brother. John's wife, Zelia, is 37 and born in NY. A son is George, 12. They have two servants - Merritt Miner, 19, and Albert Waddell, 27.
• Census, 1900, Floyd County, Iowa. The Solomon Noble family is still living in Riverton Township, Floyd County, Iowa. Solomon is 64, Belinda is 56, son Charles is 29 (conflicts with 1880) and Conlin(?) a daughter is 24. Three boarders are listed as living with them - John P. Hall, 13, Sara Boyer, 11, and Francis Lytle, 23.
Marshall H. Noble is not listed as living with them and he would already have his own family somewhere. A search of all states for a Marshall or Marshall H. yielded no results.
A Henry Noble is living in nearby Chickasaw County. He is aged 30 and is married to Mary. they have three children - Montford, Bertha and Gladdis. This does not seem to be Marshall Henry Noble.
• Census, 1910, Floyd County, Iowa. In 1910, Solomon Noble, 74, is living with Belinda N., 66 and Charles, 40. Solomon and Belinda have been married 54 years.
Belinda married Solomon Henry Noble, son of Jacob Bond (Barnhart) Noble and Catherine Farlinger, on 22 Jan 1864 in Nashua, Chickasaw County, Iowa.26 (Solomon Henry Noble was born on 20 Nov 1835 in Cornwall, Canada West, died on 18 Apr 1915 in Floyd County, Iowa 62 and was buried in 1915 in Oak Hill Cemetery, Nashua Iowa 62.)