Healy, Thomas James
- Born: 4 Jan 1909, St Joseph's Hospital and Foundling Asylum, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Baptized: 5 Jan 1909, St Joseph's Hospital and Foundling Asylum, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Marriage: Noble, Mary Ann on 25 May 1946 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Died: 27 Jan 1998, Santa Rosa, Sonoma, California at age 89
- Buried: 1998, Holy Cross Cemetary Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Noted events in his life were:
• Parents. Thomas James Healy attended High School (Riverside or East High School) in Milwaukee under the name Thomas Murphy . He apparently changed his name to Healy right after that (1927?) but before going to work for the First Wisconsin Bank.
I spoke to Sister Mary Ann at the Hospital and she was concerned about sharing hospital records. She did share that St. Joseph's was originally established in 1873 as a hospital for unwed mothers. Over the years (it ceased maternity operations in the 1950's), it also served married women, too, but in its early years, it principally served unwed mothers.
Sister said she has a book with a birth listing for Janaury 4, 1909 to a woman named Kennedy but not Ellen Kennedy and she couldn't give me the name. She asked if I knew any other names. I knew of Ellen Kennedy's sisters and asked whether Elizabeth or Rosa was the name and Sister said no. Marge recalled reading about a Josephine and seeing a picture of her. I called Sister back and asked if Josephine was the name and she said "ah ha". I said "so the name was Josephine" and she said "I can't give you the name but I think you understand." No father's name was listed. TBH 1-04
• Education: Grade School and High School: Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Mary Ann Healy believes that Thomas attended Holy Rosary Parish Grade School. My father told me that he attended Riverside HS, later known as East and that he was on the Track and Cross Country teams. He may also have been active in plays.
He graduated HS as Thomas Murphy and listed his mother as Josephine Healy. At some point, he began identifying himself as Thomas Healy and is listed that way as he lives with James F. and Ellen Kennedy Healy and Margaret Healy in Milwaukee in the 1930 census.
• Census, 1930, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Thomas J. Healy is living with James F. and Ellen Kennedy Healy and Margaret Healy in Milwaukee.
• James F. Healy. The man who was the head of the household in 1930 wasa James F. Healy. He was the husband of Ellen and the father of Agens Healy Slater Burke and Margaret Healy.
James F. was slain in a homocide in November, 1932 in Milwaukee. He was a night watchman and attendant for Deep Rock Oil Comp. An attempted robbery truned into a murder when he resisted.
His death certificate shows that he was born on August 6, 1863 in Cincinnati and that his parents as John Healy, born in Ohio and Margaret Sullivan, born in Ireland. Town records in Leadville, CO show that he and his young family lived there from 1891 - 93, perhaps longer. His two daughters were baptised in Annunciation Church.
Thomas married Mary Ann Noble, daughter of Glenn Wait Noble and Margaret Agatha Feeley, on 25 May 1946 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. (Mary Ann Noble was born on 1 Feb 1920 in Bay View, Wisconsin and was baptized on 22 Feb 1920 in Immaculate Conception Church, Milwaukee, WI.)