David Ashley Jr. 84
- Born: 3 Jun 1642, Springfield, Massachusetts 409
- Marriage (1): Mary Dewey on 11 Jul 1688 in Westfield, Hampden, MA 207
- Marriage (2): Hannah Glover on 24 Nov 1663 in New Haven, Connecticut 409,414
- Died: 8 Dec 1718, Westfield, MA at age 76 410
- Buried: Old Burying Ground, Westfield, Mass 411
Noted events in his life were:
• Will. 415 All ten of David's children are mentioned in his will.
• Founder and Offices, 1665-1680. 411,412 David is listed as the Founder of Westfield, Massachusetts.
David held several civic offices in Westfield including Selectman, Clerk of the writs and Treasurer.
He took the freeman's oath at a court held at Springfield on 28 Sept 1680.
David married Mary Dewey, daughter of Thomas Dewey Jr. and Constant (Constance) Hawes, on 11 Jul 1688 in Westfield, Hampden, MA.207 (Mary Dewey was born on 28 Jan 1668 in Northampden, Hampshire, MA 207 and died on 13 Dec 1757 in Westfield, Hampden, MA 207.)
David next married Hannah Glover, daughter of Henry Glover and Ellen (Elinor, Helena) Wakeman, on 24 Nov 1663 in New Haven, Connecticut 409.,414 (Hannah Glover was born on 23 May 1646 in New Haven, Connecticut 86,416, christened on 26 May 1646 in New Haven, Connecticut,86 died on 7 Jun 1722 in Westfield, Hampden County, Mass 86 and was buried in Old Burying Ground, Westfield, Mass 414.)