John Greene 1930
- Born: 1606, Gillingham, Dorset, England 1930
- Marriage (1): Joan (Jane) Beggerly circa 1642 in Quidnessette, RI 1930
- Died: 1695, Kingston, RI at age 89 1930
Noted events in his life were:
• Immigration, 1635 - ?, England to New England. 1932 As a young man, in 1635, he migrated to the New World, sailing on the ship, Matthew, to the West Indies, where he stayed for a few months. Finding the people there a "Godless set", he sailed to Massachusetts, the great Puritan settlement. Differing with the religious authorities there, he accompanied Richard Smith to Narragansett Bay where the latter had a trading post at Quidnessett, or Aquidneset.
• Greene Book. 1933 https://archive.org/details/greenefamilyitsb01lama
This book is the source of quite a few references to the Greenes beginning inthe 1200's.
John married Joan (Jane) Beggerly circa 1642 in Quidnessette, RI.1930 (Joan (Jane) Beggerly was born circa 1625,1930 died circa 1682 in Coventry, RI 1930 and was buried in Old Field Cemetery, RI 1930.)