King Charles III the Simple of West Francia and Lotharingia 2359
- Born: 17 Sep 879 2359
- Marriage (1): Eadgifu of Wessex in 919 2359
- Marriage (2): Eadgifu of Wessex
- Marriage (3): Frederuna in 907 2364
- Died: 7 Oct 929 at age 50 2359
Noted events in his life were:
• King, deposed, recrowned, 893-898, France. 2365 Charles was crowned in 893 in opposition to Odo. A long civil war followed and Odo finally triumphed. However, when Odo died, Charles took the throne without opposition, restoring the Carolingian line.
• Normandy. 2365 Charles made an agreement wiht the Dane leader Rollo which gave Danes the security to settle in Normandy and put down permanent roots.
Charles married Eadgifu of Wessex, daughter of Edward the Elder and Ælfflaed, in 919.2359 (Eadgifu of Wessex was born in 902 in Wessex 2360 and died after 955 2360.)
Charles next married Eadgifu of Wessex, daughter of Edward the Elder and Ælfflaed. (Eadgifu of Wessex was born in 902 in Wessex 2360 and died after 955 2360.)
Charles next married Frederuna, daughter of Thodrich von Ringelheil Duke of Saxony and Gisela of Lotharingia, in 907.2364 (Frederuna was born in 887 in Goslar, Hanover 2364 and died in 917 in Lorraine 2364.)