- Born: 4 Nov 1632, Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire, England 148,150,151
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth Updike circa 1663 in Kingston, RI 148
- Died: 7 Jan 1722, Kingston, RI at age 89 148,150,151
- Buried: Kingston, RI 148
Noted events in his life were:
• Ancestor. 150,151 Tradition makes George a descendant of Edward Wightman, burned for heresy at Litchfield in England 11 Apr 1612, being the last to suffer death for religious liberty.
• Family: London, England. 149,150 George was probably the son of George Wightman whose brother Ralph, citizen and merchant tailor of St. Mary-le-Bow parish, London, married Katherine, sister of Roger Williams and whose will was dated 27 Dec 1628 and proved 9 Feb 1628/29.
George married Elizabeth Updike, daughter of Gilbert Updike and Katharine Smith, circa 1663 in Kingston, RI.148 (Elizabeth Updike was born on 27 Jul 1644 in Kingston, RI,148,151 died on 26 Apr 1716 in Kingston, RI 148 and was buried on 26 Apr 1716 in Quidnesset, RI 148.)