King Konrad (Conrad I) de Bourgogne Le Pacifique 2597,2600
- Born: 925, Arles, Bouches du Rhone, France 2597,2600
- Marriage (1): Mathilda Carolingian (de France de Lyon de Fandre) of France By 966 2597
- Died: 19 Oct 993, Regensburg, Germany at age 68 2597,2600
- Buried: Vienne, Isère, France 2597
Noted events in his life were:
• The Peaceful. 2597 According the chronicler Ekkehard IV , in a story that is probably apocryphal, when Conrad learned that both the Magyars and the Saracens of Fraxinetum were marching against him, he sent envoys to both armies warning them of the other. The envoys offered Burgundian aid to each invader against the other and then informed them of the other's whereabouts. When the Magyars and Saracens met, the Burgundians held back and only attacked when the opposing forces were spent. In this way, both invading armies were destroyed and the captives sold into slavery.
Konrad married Mathilda Carolingian (de France de Lyon de Fandre) of France, daughter of Louis IV of France and Gerberga of Saxony, By 966.2597 (Mathilda Carolingian (de France de Lyon de Fandre) of France was born in 943 in Laon, Aisne, Picardie, France 2598,2599 and died on 27 Jan 992 in Arles, France 2598,2599.)