- Born: 17 Feb 1741, Kingston, NY 178,179
- Marriage (1): Annatie (Hannah) Van Tassel (Van Texel) on 8 Sep 1763 in Dutchess Co., NY 117,176,177
- Died: 7 May 1804, Duanesburg, NY at age 63 178,179
Noted events in his life were:
• Siblings. 180 Cornelius was the fourth of seven children.
• Revolutionary War. 117,181 Cornelius Scott served in the American Revolution as a Sargeant. He was in the Albany Company, New York Militia, The Levies. Commanders were Brigadier General Willett; Militia Captain Cornelius Hageboom and Captain Joseph Allen Tanner. Source: New York in the Revolution Vol. 1 pgs 9 and 230 and Memorial Census of Duanesburgh by Clarence Foote.
Note that the Wait family named a son Willett, an unusual name. He may have been named for the commander that Cornelius served under in the Revolutionary War.
• DAR reference. 181 Cornelius reference for the DAR is 578779.
• Children. Cornelius's will named eight children: Hannah, Henry, Robert,Elizabeth, Mary, Gertrude, Cornelia and Cornelius Jr.
Cornelius married Annatie (Hannah) Van Tassel (Van Texel), daughter of Johannis Van Texel (Van Tassel) and Annatie Ecker, on 8 Sep 1763 in Dutchess Co., NY 117,176.,177 (Annatie (Hannah) Van Tassel (Van Texel) was born on 16 Jun 1744 in Kingston, Ulster, NY 178,182 and died in 1804 in Duanesburg, NY 176,183.)