- Born: 1620, Lowesby, Leicestershire, England 86,493
- Marriage (1): Mary Eddy on 7 Aug 1641 492
- Died: 29 Nov 1682, West Springfield, MA at age 62 86,492
Noted events in his life were:
• Name. 494 In Saxon leegh, ley or lea, signifies uncultivated ground. Therefore a lea or field abounding in ash trees.
• Emigration, 1639, Springfield, MA. 415,494,495,496 Robert came to Springfield in 1639. He perhaps had been at Roxbury before Springfield since many early Springfield people were drawn there by Pynchon.
Holmes records that he was first in Roxbury.
Robert married Mary Eddy, daughter of John Eddy and Amy Doggett, on 7 Aug 1641.492 (Mary Eddy was born on 10 Mar 1625 in Nayland, Suffolk, England 497,498, christened in Boxted, Nayland, Suffolk, England 497 and died on 19 Sep 1683 in Springfield, MA 498,499,500.)