Saint Leopold III The Good Margrave of Austria 2937
- Born: 1073, Babenburg Castle, Gars am Kamp, Austria 2937
- Marriage (1): Agnes of Germany of Waiblingen
- Died: 15 Nov 1136 at age 63 2937
- Buried: Klosterneuburg Monastery, Austria 2937
Noted events in his life were:
• Canonized, 1485. 2937 Leopold founded the monasteries of Klosterneuburg (1108) Heiligenkreuz , Kleinmariazell and Seitenstetten which developed a territory still largely covered by forest. He was canonized on 6 January 1485 and became the patron saint of Austria , Lower Austria , Upper Austria , and Vienna . His feast day is 15 November.
Leopold married Agnes of Germany of Waiblingen, daughter of Henry IV Holy Roman Emperor and Bertha of Savoy of Turin. (Agnes of Germany of Waiblingen was born in 1072 2936 and died on 24 Sep 1143 2936.)