Johann Michael Gallinger Sr. U. E. L. 516,517
- Born: 10 Jan 1725, Hopfau, Baden-Wurttemburg, Germany 511,516
- Marriage (1): Agatha Alida Ady (Ade) on 2 Nov 1751 in Cornwall, Stormont, Canada 511
- Died: 1797, Cornwall, Stormont, Ontario, Canada at age 72 511
- Buried: Cornwall, Stormont, Ontario, Canada 511
Noted events in his life were:
• U. E. L. 518 U. E. L. stands for United Empire Loyalist. United Empire Loyalists are people who were living in the original 13 colonies of the United States when the American Revolution took place. The loyalists continued to support the king of England. Thousands moved north to Canada
• Emigration, 1754, Germany to NY state. 516 Compendium of Early Mohawk Families 974.4 D2pm v1 #5 Came from Germany in 1754, landed in New York City, went up the Hudson to the Mohawk River to a German speaking settlement surrounding Fort Johnstown (Johnstown, NY) where he became a tenant of Sir William Johnstown in the Mohawk Valley in Tryon County, New York. It is suggested their eldest child, Michael Gallinger, Jr. was with them when they arrived.
• Revolutionary War Claim, 1788, Tryon County, NY. 516 Claim #342 Evidence on the Claim of Mich'l Gallinger late of Tryon County, N.Y. Province. Montreal 14th day of February 1788. Claimt. sworn. Says that he was a soldier in Sir Johnstons 2nd Batal. in 1783 & gave a claim to Sir John Johnston. --->He is a native of Germany.<--- He came to America 1754 & settled on Sir Wm. Johnson's Lands. He lived there in 1775. He was obliged to serve the Rebels with his Waggon & Horses, but never did anything else with them. He was imprisoned 6 months. He came to Canada in 1781 and served the remainder of the War. He had 4 sons in the service all the War. He now resides at New Johnstown. He had a fine farm which he could have sold it for 500 pounds, but his 2d sen. son sold it for 60 pounds York Cury. The rebels took 5 cows, 4 horses some Sheep, a Heifer & Bull, Furniture & Farming Utensils.
Johann married Agatha Alida Ady (Ade), daughter of Christian Ady (Ade) and Maria Katharina Kohler, on 2 Nov 1751 in Cornwall, Stormont, Canada.511 (Agatha Alida Ady (Ade) was born on 20 Sep 1727 in Dürrenmettstetten, Rottweil, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany 511,519,520 and died on 2 Nov 1751 in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada 511,519,520.)