William Tilton 563
- Born: 28 Feb 1587, Wolston, Warwickshire, England 557,563
- Christened: 1 Mar 1587, Wolston, Warwickshire, England 563,564
- Marriage (1): Susanna Unknown on 18 Dec 1638 in England 557,562
- Marriage (2): Ursula Pycroft on 29 May 1611 in Claybrooke Parish, Leicester, England
- Died: 28 Jan 1653, Lynn, Essex County, Mass. at age 65 557,563
Noted events in his life were:
• Children. 557,562,563 William and Susanna had one son. William and his first wife Ursula had two sons who emigrated to New England in about 1639 with William and Susanna.
• Emigration Record: Leicestershire to New England. 160,563,565 William is listed as having traveled from Narborough Parish, Leicestershire to Lynn, Mass.
However, the Tilton Family book notes that he came from the parish of Wolston, County Warwickshire.
• Residence in England, 1611, Wolston, County Warwick, England. 563 William's 1611 marriage license states that he was of Church Lawford, County Warwick. Church Lawford is adjacent to Wolston. This may be Lawford Heath.
• Date of Emigration, 1639-1640. 563,566
• First Appearance in New England, 1643, Lynn, MA. 563,567 William first appeared in Lynn, MA in 1643 when he took inventory of the estate of Abraham Belknap of Lynn.
• Freed, 30 Mar 1646, Salem, MA. 563,567 Court records show that "William Tilton of Lynn was freed from training by paying 6 shillings yearly but to keep his arms fixed." (Qty Ct. I:96)
William married Susanna Unknown on 18 Dec 1638 in England 557.,562 (Susanna Unknown was born about 1604 in prob England 557 and died on 28 Jan 1655 in Hampton Falls, Rockingham County, New Hampshire 557.)
William next married Ursula Pycroft, daughter of Thomas Pycroft and Mary Daffarne, on 29 May 1611 in Claybrooke Parish, Leicester, England. (Ursula Pycroft was born circa 1590 566 and was buried on 5 May 1638 in Wolston, England 564.)