Sir Francis Bigod 610
- Born: 4 Oct 1507, Seaton How, Yorkshire, England 613
- Marriage (1): Catherine (Katherine) Conyers in 1524 in Settrington, East Riding, Yorkshire, England 612
- Died: 2 Jun 1537 (Executed), Tyburn (near London), England 613,614
- Buried: Greyfriars, London, England 614
Noted events in his life were:
• Heir, 1515. 615 Francis became heir to his grandfather, Sir Ralph, when Ralph died. Francis was seven at the time.
• Henry VIII, 1527, England. 610 Francis was in the service of Cardinal Woolsey and under Cromwell, Woolsey's successor in the favor of King Henry VIII was engaged in advancing in Yorkshire the King's reforms in church matters.
• Death, 1537, Tyburn, London, England. 616 In 1536, Francis was implicated (though unwillingly) in the Pilgrimage of Grace, an insurrection produced by King Henry's church reforms. In January 1537, Francis headed an unsuccessful rising at Beverly and for this he was executed.
Francis married Catherine (Katherine) Conyers, daughter of Sir William Conyers First Lord Conyers and Anne Neville, in 1524 in Settrington, East Riding, Yorkshire, England.612 (Catherine (Katherine) Conyers was born in 1504 in Hornby, West Riding, Yorkshire, England 612, christened in Mulgrave, Yorkshire, England 617 and died on 21 Oct 1566 617.)