Catherine of Valois 776
- Born: 27 Oct 1401, Hotel Saint-Pol, Paris, France 774,775,776
- Marriage (1): King Henry V of England on 2 Jun 1420 in Parish Church of St. John or Troyes Cathedral, Troyes, France 774
- Partnership (2): Sir Owen Tudor Possibly 2 Jun 1420 801
- Died: 3 Jan 1437, London, England at age 35 775,776
- Buried: Westminster Abbey, London, England 774
Noted events in her life were:
• Crowned Queen, 1421, London, England. 774 Catherine was crowned queen of England in Westminster Abbey on 23 February 1421.
• Second family. 774 After Henry's death, Catherine entered into a sexual relationship with Welshman, Owen ap Maredudd ap Tudor. The relationship began when Catherine lived at Windsor Castle , and she became pregnant with their first child there. There is no clear evidence either way whether Catherine and Owen Tudor actually married. No documentation of such a marriage exists.
Owen and Catherine had at least six children, Edmund , Jasper and Owen were all born away from court. They had one daughter, Margaret, who became a nun and died young.
Catherine married King Henry V of England, son of King Henry IV of England (Plantagenet) and Mary de Bohun, on 2 Jun 1420 in Parish Church of St. John or Troyes Cathedral, Troyes, France.774 (King Henry V of England was born in 1387 775 and died on 31 Aug 1422 in Meaux, France 774,775.)
Catherine had a relationship with Sir Owen Tudor, son of Mareddud Tudor and Margrd ferch Vychan Dafyydd, Possibly 2 Jun 1420.801 (Sir Owen Tudor was born in 1402 802 and died on 4 Feb 1461 in Hereford, England 772,802.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage in doubt. 774 There is no clear evidence either way whether Catherine and Owen Tudor actually married. No documentation of such a marriage exists.